The Edelbrock Chevrolet Duramax Diesel Cylinder Head has an updated port design, added thickness's in certain areas as well as HIP'd for strength. Reserve yours via Marken Performance for Duramax 6.6L engines ranging from 2001-2015. Edelbrock Duramax cylinder heads are manufactured with a technique called Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP). This aerospace process heats raw aluminum castings up to 900° F in a pressurized chamber (up to 30,000 psi) and compresses the casting to remove any trapped gases and internal porosity. During this process the casting is compressed to eliminate these imperfections. The result is an incredibly strong and dense sand casting that has three times the fatigue life and nearly the consistency of billet aluminum. This also provides a better; smoother machined surface finish when CNC port and chamber work is applied.
• Ideal for high performance street and competition engines with increased boost levels
• A356 Alloy specially heat treated to T7 specifications
• Fully Nitrided, Stellite faced intake and (Inconel) exhaust valves provide high strength and hardness or for excellent wear and corrosion resistance
• Greatly improved flow for lower EGT’s and more power
• Intake valve is 33mm and exhaust is 31mm
Complete Single part numbers in Satin finish: # 79029 (shown in pic) is for 2001-04, # 79059 is for 2004.5-05, # 79089 is for 2006-10, # 79119 is for 2011-15.